Rhenium-188 is a beta-emitter with a 16.98-hour half-life, it may form complexes. It allows synthesizing radiopharmaceuticals for diagnostics and therapy of malignant tumors, bone metastases, rheumatoid arthritis and other diseases. The parent isotope is Tungsten-188.
The advantage of this generator is the presence of both beta- and gamma- radiation components (0.155 MeV); the first of these ensures a high therapeutic effect and the second one enables the operators to receive visual information in conventional gamma-cameras.
Manufacturing enterprise: IPPE.
Parent isotope's activity: 3,7; 5,5; 7,4; 18,5; 37,0 GBq.
Generator's weight: 16 kg (without package).
Lifetime: 40, 80, 110, 150, 200 days (depending on the generator's type).
- Short half-life period of Re-188 (17 hours) makes it safer for patients, staff and environment.
- The presence of mean energy β-emission provides an optimal therapeutic dose for affecting pathology focus (tumors and other).
- The presence of a γ-component with the energy of 155 keV in the emission spectrum makes it possible to monitor the behavior of the labeled pharmaceutical in the patient's body using SPECT.
- Produced under Radiation Safety Standards-2009/2010.
- The half-life period of parent W-188 radionuclide (69,4 days) makes it possible to use one generator within 6 to 12 months (depending on the generator rated activity).
Rhenium-188 generator is designed for multiple production of sterile, pyrogen-free sodium perrhenate solution with Re-188 radionuclide (elute) which is used to manufacture radiopharmaceuticals using special kits. The radiopharmaceuticals so produced are applied in medicine for therapeutic purposes.
Isotope JSC has a well-established distribution channels that allow to manage carefully logistics and ensure on time delivery of all our products.
Download: W-188/Re-188 generator fact sheet
Your personal manager: Uliana Melnikova
Tel.: +7 (495) 981-96-16 (ext. 225)
Contact us for more information or leave your details below and we'll get back to you